Homemade Peach Ice Cream
Prep Time: 35 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
Nothing says summer in the South better than old-fashioned homemade peach ice cream. If peaches aren’t in season, frozen unsweetened peaches work great in this recipe.
- 3 cups peeled, chopped peaches
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar, divided
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1 1/2 tablespoons pure vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Peel, core and roughly chop peaches; place in a large mixing bowl. Add 1/2 cup sugar and lemon juice to peaches, stirring until well combined. Set aside for about an hour. Combine milk, cream, remaining 1 cup sugar, vanilla and salt in a medium bowl and stir until sugar is mostly dissolved, about 2 minutes. Add milk mixture to peaches and stir well. Pour mixture into freezer canister of ice cream maker and follow manufacturer’s instructions.
Freeze 2 hours Serving size: 1/2 cup Source of recipe: Rebecca Egsieker, The Dairy Chef