Layered Broccoli Salad
This fresh, crunchy salad will add flavor to your next gathering. Chopped broccoli florets and red onions are perfectly balanced with the light taste of cheddar and the tangy taste of sweetened cranberries.
- 6 cups chopped broccoli florets
- 1 small red onion, very thinly sliced
- 2/3 cup dried, sweetened cranberries or raisins
- 1 1/2 cups (6 ounces) Cheddar cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup fat-free yogurt
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup unsalted, dry roasted, hulled sunflower seeds or chopped walnuts
- 2 tablespoons low-fat bacon pieces
- In a large glass serving bowl, layer broccoli, onion and cranberries. In a small bowl, whisk together yogurt, honey, mayonnaise and vinegar. Drizzle the yogurt dressing over the layered salad. Layer cheese on top. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve. Sprinkle with sunflower seeds and bacon pieces just before serving.