Mac and Cheese Casserole Cups
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
- 3 cups fat-free milk
- 2 1/2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups (6 ounces) reduced-fat Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 3/4 cup light Mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese grated
- 8 ounces elbow macaroni, cooked and drained
- Preheat oven to 350°. In medium saucepan, slowly add 1 cup of milk to flour, stirring constantly until all lumps have dissolved. Add remaining milk, stirring thoroughly. Place on stove and simmer 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until sauce thickens.
- Add 1 cup of Cheddar, mozzarella and Parmesan cheese; stir until blended. Add macaroni, stirring gently to coat well.
- Line muffin tin with paper muffin cups and place one scoop of mac and cheese mixture into each muffin cup. Top with reserved 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar. Bake 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let cool for 5 minutes before serving.
Total time includes 5 minutes of cooling.