Maple Spiced Snack Bars
These spiced bars are full of hearty oatmeal with just a hint of sweetness from the pure maple syrup. The pumpkin isn’t overpowering and the Greek yogurt gives them an added boost of protein. Wrap them up individually for a quick grab-n-go breakfast or snack. Healthy, easy and delicious!
- 2 1/2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 7-ounce container plain Greek yogurt
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 2 eggs lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Coat a half-sheet pan or large rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl combine oats through cinnamon, mix dry ingredients until well combined. Set aside. In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together canned pumpkin, yogurt and remaining wet ingredients, stirring until well combined and smooth. Gradually add wet ingredients to the dry oat and flour mixture, stirring until mixed thoroughly.
- Pour batter into prepared sheet pan, spreading out into one even layer. Bake for 20 minutes, or until edges are lightly browned and/or a toothpick comes out clean when inserted into the center. Remove from oven and let cool completely before cutting. Cut into 24 squares.
Ease: Easy Recipe Source: Rebecca Egsieker, The Dairy Chef