Microwave Yellow Squash Casserole
This easy squash casserole recipe is cooked in the microwave and features both yogurt and Cheddar cheese.
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 4 medium yellow squash, sliced (about 2 1/2 pounds)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup plain fat-free yogurt
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 cups shredded reduced-fat Cheddar cheese, divided (8-ounces)
- 1/2 cup crushed round crackers
- Spray a 2-quart glass casserole dish with cooking spray.
- Mix water and onion in a large glass bowl. Cover bowl tightly with plastic wrap, folding back a small edge of wrap. Microwave on HIGH 2 minutes.
- Uncover, stir in squash and salt, and recover with plastic wrap, folding back a small edge again. Microwave at HIGH 10 minutes or until squash is tender (do not drain).
- Beat eggs, flour and pepper together in a large bowl; add yogurt, mayonnaise and 1 cup cheese. Mix until smooth. Mix with squash and spoon into casserole dish. Cover with plastic wrap, folding back a small edge.
- Microwave at HIGH 10 minutes or until casserole is not runny. Remove wrap, top with remaining 1 cup cheese and crackers, and microwave 2 minutes or until cheese melts. Remove from oven and let stand 10 minutes.