Mini Chicken and Brie Quesadillas
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
Using “street tacos” for the tortillas make these mini quesadillas super easy to put together. Filled with creamy Brie cheese and crisp sweet apples, they are sure to be a hit. Simple enough for a quick snack, but tasty enough for an appetizer that’s sure to wow your guests!
- 1 medium sweet onion sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper,
- 1 1/2 cups shredded chicken (rotisserie style)
- 1 12 count package tortillas (street taco size)
- 1 medium Honeycrisp apple (or similar)
- 6 ounces Brie cheese,
- Preheat oven to 400°
- Heat butter in large non-stick skillet over medium heat until bubbly. Add sliced onion and sauté until caramelized, about 10 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside to cool. In a small mixing bowl combine sour cream and next eight ingredients to make the sauce. Stir until well combined. Portion out about a 1/4 cup of sauce into a small mixing bowl. Add shredded chicken and toss to coat. Set aside. Place remaining sauce in serving dish to use as dipping sauce for quesadillas.
- Slice apple into 24 thin slices, set aside. Portion out Brie into 12 slices. To assemble quesadillas, use a large rimmed sheet pan lined with parchment paper. Working with one half of the tortilla, place a large spoonful of sauced chicken and spread out evenly. Next place two apple slices, slice of Brie cheese and finish with spoonful of caramelized onions. Fold over to close, pressing firmly to seal. Place on sheet pan and repeat with remaining 11 tortillas.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until tortillas are slightly browned and cheese is melted. Serve immediately with prepared sauce on the side.