Mini Chocolate Mascarpone Cheesecakes
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 32 minutes
The perfect two-bite cheesecakes with a simple sugar cookie crust get a decadent update with milk chocolate chips and tangy mascarpone cheese topped with chopped toasted hazelnuts.
Ease: Moderate Recipe Source: Rebecca Egsieker, The Dairy Chef
- 1 24 count package sugar cookie dough
- 8 ounces mascarpone cheese
- 2 tablespoons confectioners sugar
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream (plus 4 tablespoons)
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup chopped toasted hazelnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat a 24-cup mini muffin pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- Place one piece of cookie dough in each well of the mini muffin pan. Bake 12 to 14 minutes– or until edges begin to turn light golden brown. Remove from oven. Using shot glass sprayed with cooking spray, immediately press center of each cookie cup gently to create a well for filling. Gently run a paring knife around the edges of each cookie cup to loosen. Cool completely in pan. Once cooled, transfer from pan to serving platter to fill with cheesecake mixture.
- While cookie cups are baking, make the filling. In a medium size mixing bowl, combine mascarpone, sugar and 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream, beat with a hand mixer until combined and fluffy. Set aside.
- Place chocolate chips and 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream in a microwave safe bowl. Heat in 30 second intervals, stirring in between to ensure that the chocolate melts evenly, but does not scorch. Temper the melted chocolate by folding a heaping spoonful of the mascarpone mix one at a time to the melted chocolate, until about half the mixture is used. Gently fold in the chocolate mixture to the remaining cheese mix. Add salt and cinnamon, stirring until combined. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and place in refrigerator until ready to use.
- To serve, fill each cup with approximately 2 tablespoons of the cheesecake mix and a sprinkle of hazelnuts.