Mini Toasted Open Subs with Cucumber Yogurt Dressing
Use French rolls to make miniature turkey-cheese subs and top with a cucumber-yogurt sauce.
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup diced cucumber
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
MIni Toasted Open Subs
- 3 French rolls, sliced
- 1/2 cup sliced red onion
- 1/2 cup sliced green pepper
- 12 ounces thinly sliced turkey breast
- 12 slices cheddar or Swiss cheese
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 1 cup sliced Roma tomatoes
- To prepare yogurt sauce, combine yogurt, cucumber and parsley. Cover and chill. Preheat oven to 350˚. Toast rolls with cut side up in oven until lightly browned. Top each half with red onion, green pepper, 2 ounces turkey breast and 2 slices cheese. Return to oven and bake 2 minutes or until cheese begins to melt. Arrange open-face sandwiches on platter. Top each half with 1 tomato slice and shredded lettuce. Spoon about 2 tablespoons of yogurt sauce over top of each sandwich.
Source of recipe: 3-A-Day of Dairy