LSU Muffuletta Sandwiches with Olive Salad
Bait the competition with these hearty mini sandwiches that can be made up to one day ahead. Wrap strips of parchment paper around the sandwiches and add layers of team color-inspired ribbon for a festive game day idea.
- 12 mini ciabatta rolls
- 12 ounces thinly sliced smoked ham
- 24 Genoa salami slices (about 6 ounces)
- 6 Provolone cheese slices (about 4 ounces)
- 6 Swiss or mozzarella cheese slices (about 4 ounces)
- 1 (16-ounce) jar Italian-style pickled vegetables, drained
- 1/2 cup pimiento-stuffed green olives
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley leaves, packed
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano leaves, packed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Split rolls and scoop out 1 inch of soft bread from the top using a spoon. Cut cheese into quarters. Layer 1 heaping tablespoon Olive Salad on bottom rolls; top evenly with ham, cheeses, and salami. Fill bread tops with 1 heaping tablespoon Olive Salad inside indentation; place over salami. Serve immediately or cover with plastic wrap and chill up to 24 hours.
- Pulse all ingredients in a food processor 3 to 4 times until finely chopped.