The New Cobb Salad
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
A simplified vinaigrette plays off of the classic salad dressing used to season ancient grains while leafy greens and good for you dairy offer quality sources of calcium, protein, vitamins and minerals. The store-bought rotisserie chicken can be substituted for grilled chicken breast.
Click here to make the Buttermilk-Blue Cheese Dressing.
- 1 cup farro (cooked)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 6 cups packed baby spinach and kale salad greens
- 3 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- 6 bacon slices (cooked and crumbled)
- 1 pint grape tomatoes (cut in half)
- 1 medium cucumber (sliced)
- 1 package extra sharp Cheddar cheese (sliced, 8-ounce)
- 1 container crumbled blue cheese (5-ounce)
- Buttermilk-Blue Cheese Dressing
- Fresh cracked black pepper (if desired)
- Cook farro following the package directions, once done, set aside. Whisk together the lemon juice, oil and salt in a medium bowl; stir in the farro. Chill 15 minutes. Meanwhile, prepare the Buttermilk-Blue Cheese Dressing.
- Arrange the salad greens between 6 bowls; top evenly with farro, chicken and the next 5 ingredients. Top with Buttermilk-Blue Cheese Dressing.