The New Cobb Salad
A simplified vinaigrette plays off of the classic salad dressing used to season ancient grains while leafy greens and good for you dairy offer quality sources of calcium, protein, vitamins and minerals. The store-bought rotisserie chicken can be substituted for grilled chicken breast.
- 1 cup farro cooked
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 6 cups packed baby spinach and kale salad greens
- 3 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- 6 bacon slices cooked and crumbled
- 1 pint grape tomatoes cut in half
- 1 medium cucumber sliced
- 1 package extra sharp Cheddar cheese sliced, 8-ounce
- 1 container crumbled blue cheese 5-ounce
- Buttermilk-Blue Cheese Dressing
- Fresh cracked black pepper if desired
- Cook farro following the package directions, once done, set aside. Whisk together the lemon juice, oil and salt in a medium bowl; stir in the farro. Chill 15 minutes. Meanwhile, prepare the Buttermilk-Blue Cheese Dressing.
- Arrange the salad greens between 6 bowls; top evenly with farro, chicken and the next 5 ingredients. Top with Buttermilk-Blue Cheese Dressing.
Click here to make the Buttermilk-Blue Cheese Dressing.