National School Breakfast Week
March 2-6, 2020
School Breakfast Out of This World!
School breakfast plays a particularly significant role for children of food-insecure families— and when all students are taking advantage of school breakfast service, that can help to eliminate any stigma associated with participation.
National School Breakfast Week (NSBW) 2020 highlights how eating a nutritious breakfast including dairy helps students blast off to success in the classroom and beyond.
- Set up a display of a rocket launching into outer space. Put the names of new menu items or products below the rocket and have students vote for their favorites each day by moving them away from Earth and closer to the rocket in outer space.
- Apply words and phrases associated with space and aliens to your menu items for this special week, like Milky Way Parfait.
- Use space-themed promotional items, such as a star-shaped stress bell or rocket ship pens, for fun giveaways.
- Decorate the cafeteria by hanging paper stars and planets from the ceiling or over the serving lines.
- Brand your cafeteria—or breakfast cart or kiosk—as the “Mothership” during NSBW. Servers on the line can dress as aliens or astronauts and wear NSBW badges.
Celebrate National School Breakfast Week using the NSBW 2020 Toolkit. Use these NSBW Activity Sheets to encourage students to work through fun puzzles and activities with classmates and learn about a balanched meal.