Nutrition Worksheets and Professional Resources
Dairy nutrition worksheets and lesson plans
These nutrition education kits, lesson plans, and free downloadable materials help educate clients, students and the public on dairy’s role in the DASH (Dietary Approaches to Stop Hypertension) diet, the WIC program, and sports nutrition.
If you need to order materials for presentations or exhibits, click here.
Health and Nutrition Lesson Plans for Middle School and High School
Use these lesson plans for teaching students about the role of dairy in a healthy diet. Lesson plans offer ideas for activities, handouts, worksheets and recipes.
- Build a Healthy Plate – This lesson plan shows participants how to create a healthy meal that includes dairy using the USDA MyPlate guidelines.
- Be Smart, Drink Smart – This lesson plan will help participants learn how to choose healthy drink options and show how milk is the optimal choice when it comes to nutrition. Included in this lesson plan are the following handouts:
- Fuel up with Milk (handout)
- Myths vs. Facts Brochure
- Rethink Your Drink (handout)
For more nutrition lesson plans and worksheets for elementary, middle and high school students, please visit our teacher resources page.
DASH Diet Toolkit
Research shows the low-fat Dietary Approaches to Stop Hypertension (DASH) eating plan—which includes two to three servings of dairy foods and eight to 10 servings of fruits and vegetables—may help manage blood pressure. In fact, a trio of minerals found in dairy foods – calcium, potassium and magnesium – may play an important role in maintaining healthy blood pressure. See below for handouts, recipes and other patient and client education materials on dairy foods critical role in blood pressure maintenance.
- Dairy Foods & Blood Pressure
- Dairy Food Consumption Is Associated with Reduced Risk of High Blood Pressure: Science Summary
- D.A.S.H. Heart-Healthy Eating Plan
WIC Health Education Toolkit
Here you’ll find research, handouts and other materials (in English and Spanish) about dairy’s role in The Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants and Children (WIC) program. The educational handouts are perfect for use in local WIC offices.
Brochures and Handouts
- Low-Fat Milk Fact Sheet (English)
- Low-Fat Milk Fact Sheet (Spanish)
- Clearing up Confusion on Role of Dairy in Children’s Diets
- “Power of 3” Planner
- Milk’s Unique Nutrient Package: Benefits for Bones and Beyond
- Your Kids Need Calcium
- Which Milk is Healthiest?
Sports Nutrition Toolkit
Health and fitness professionals are a trusted resource for accurate, up-to-date information about nutrition as it relates to exercise. Our client education tools, nutrition materials and recommended web links have been developed to help professionals educate active adults about optimal nutrition practices for a healthy lifestyle, including information on whey protein and chocolate milk.
Brochures and Handouts
- Chocolate Milk as a Recovery Drink
- Whey Protein and Satiety
- Assessing Your Daily Protein Intake
- Where’s the Whey Protein?
You can order free educational materials from The Dairy Alliance to use for presentations, exhibits, classroom teaching or for clients. Click here set up an account for free materials.