Pumpkin Bread Pudding
Canned pumpkin puree and lactose-free milk make this holiday bread pudding both moist and flavorful.
- 1 1/2 cups lactose-free milk
- 3/4 cup canned mashed pumpkin
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground all spice
- 1/8 teaspoon cardamom
- 5 cups (6-7 slices) leftover bread, torn into pieces (can be whole wheat if you want to make it a little more filling and nutritious)
- Lactose-free ice cream, melted (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- While oven is preheating, place bread pieces in an 8-×8-inch baking dish to “dry out.” Whisk together all ingredients except bread. Pour over bread and stir to coat bread evenly with mixture. Allow the bread to soak up the pumpkin mixture for about 10 minutes. Bake 30 minutes.
- If desired, top each serving with 2 tablespoons melted lactose-free ice cream.
Source of recipe: Audra Losey, MS, RD