Pumpkin Cranberry Bread Pudding
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Total Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
Soak up the flavor of cranberries, spices and pumpkin with this golden-crusted bread pudding.
Source of recipe: Ruta Nonacs
- 1 15-ounce can mashed pumpkin
- 1 1/2 cups lactose-free milk
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon, ground
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 8 ounces whole-grain bread, cut into cubes and left overnight ((about 4 cups))
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- Combine pumpkin, milk, sugar, spices, salt and eggs in a large bowl and whisk gently until combined.
- Fold in bread and cranberries, and mix so that all bread is coated on all sides. Scoop into a 2-quart casserole dish and pack down so that surface is flat.
- Cover and chill for at least 1 hour to let bread soak up more flavor. Preheat oven to 350º.
- Bake 50 to 55 minutes or until golden and crusty on top. Serve warm in individual dessert dishes.