- All-purpose cooking spray
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup butter melted
- 1/3 cup applesauce
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup white or whole-wheat pastry flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups fresh blueberries or blackberries
Preheat oven to 375°. Coat a 13-x9-inch baking pan with cooking spray.
Combine peanut butter, butter, applesauce, egg, milk, vanilla and brown sugar in a large bowl.
Combine oats, flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt in a small bowl, mixing until well combined. Add to peanut butter mixture and mix well. Gently stir in berries.
Spoon batter into prepared pan, spreading evenly. Bake for 25 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from oven and let cool before cutting into bars.