- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons cornmeal
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup LACTAID® reduced-fat milk
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries, partially thawed
- Maple syrup, maple-flavored syrup, or sifted powdered sugar (optional)
In a medium bowl combine flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon. Make a well in center of flour mixture; set aside.
In a small bowl stir together egg, LACTAID® reduced-fat milk, and oil. Add egg mixture all at once to flour mixture. Stir just until moistened (batter should be lumpy). Gently fold in blueberries.
For each pancake, pour about 1/4 cup of the batter onto a hot, lightly greased griddle or heavy skillet. Cook over medium heat about 2 minutes or until pancakes are golden brown, turning to second sides when pancakes have bubbly surface and edges are slightly dry. Serve warm. If desired, top with syrup or sprinkle with powdered sugar.