- 24 (1/2-inch-thick) slices ciabatta baguette
- 1 cup red grape tomatoes, quartered
- 1 cup yellow grape tomatoes, quartered
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil plus extra for coating slices of bread
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 cup white balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup small mozzarella balls (Ciliegine)
- 16 fresh basil leaves
Place ciabatta slices on baking sheet, brush with olive oil and bake at 350° for 10 minutes or until lightly toasted. Remove bread from oven and let cool.
Mix quartered tomatoes, salt, pepper, olive oil, garlic powder and vinegar in mixing bowl. Let stand for about 10 minutes.
Slice each mozzarella balls into four slices and set aside.
To assemble, place slices of toasted bread on a serving platter, then place three to four slices of mozzarella on each crostini. Top with a spoonful of the tomato mixture, spreading over crostini as needed. Stack basil leaves on top of each other and then roll-up tightly. Gently cut the basil into thin pieces making long thin strips. Sprinkle over the prepared crostini. Serve immediately at room temperature.