- 1 1/2 cups self-rising flour
- 1/2 cup plain fat-free yogurt
- 1/3 cup lactose-free milk
- 3/4 cup (3 ounces) shredded reduced-fat Cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup lactose-free milk
- 1/2 cup no-salt-added chicken broth or water
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup crumbled reduced-fat sausage
Preheat oven to 400°. Spray a baking sheet with cooking spring. Mix flour, yogurt, milk and cheese together. Spoon dough onto baking sheet in mounds. Bake for 12 minutes or until golden. Serve warm with Sausage Gravy.
Heat oil in a small pot on medium-low heat. Stir in flour, keep stirring and cook 1 minute (do not burn).
Slowly stir in milk, broth, salt and pepper; keep stirring and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and cook until thick, about 5 minutes. Add 1/4 cup crumbled reduced-fat sausage after gravy thickens.