- 1 1/3 cups low-fat milk
- 2 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 cloves garlic crushed and peeled
- 2 dried bay leaf
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon gound nutmeg
- 2 cup grated 50% light Cheddar cheese
- 2 cups raw broccoli, florets
- 2 cups baby carrots
- 1/2 pint cherry tomatoes
- 1 pound small new potatoes, cooked
In a medium saucepan, whisk together milk and cornstarch until cornstarch is completely dissolved, tilting pan to check for any remaining lumps.
Add garlic, bay leaves, mustard and nutmeg. Place pan over medium-low heat. Whisking constantly, bring mixture to simmer; continue whisking for 1 minute.
Add cheese and whisk just until cheese is melted and smooth. Remove from heat, discard bay leaves and transfer mixture to a fondue pot or place the saucepan on a warming tray. Serve with assorted vegetables.