- 1 1/2 cups chocolate sandwich cookie crumbs
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 (8-ounce) blocks cream cheese
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh mint
- 2 large eggs
- 1 fresh mint sprig (optional)
Preheat oven to 325°.
Combine cookie crumbs and melted butter in medium bowl until mixture resembles sand. Press firmly into the bottom of 36 paper-lined mini-muffin pans or 36 mini muffin cups coated with cooking spray.
Beat cream cheese, sugar, vanilla extract, peppermint extract and chopped mint until smooth in a large mixing bowl. Add eggs one at a time, scraping down sides of the bowl after additions.
Spoon 1 tablespoon of filling into prepared muffin cups and bake for 15-18 minutes or until centers are almost set.
Cool completely. Cover and chill at least 2 hours. Garnish with fresh mint sprigs just before serving, if desired.