- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 cups cooked farro
- 1 (14-ounce) can black beans, drained
- 1 (14-ounce) diced fire roasted tomatoes, drained
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese, divided
- 1 (8-ounce) container sour cream
- 1 cup jarred chunky salsa, any variety
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro, divided
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon ground chipotle powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 lime, cut into 10 wedges for serving
In medium skillet, brown ground beef; drain excess oil and set aside.
Cook farro according to package directions.
In a large mixing bowl combine black beans, tomatoes, 1 cup cheddar cheese and 1/2 cup Monterey Jack cheese, and remaining nine ingredients mix until well combined. Add in ground beef and farro, stir until mixed thoroughly. Pour mixture into 13- x 9-inch baking dish. Top with remaining cheeses and extra cilantro. Bake at 350˚ for 30-35 minutes or until cheese is bubbly. Let stand for approximately 5 minutes. Serve with fresh lime wedges.