- 1 (6-inch) whole-wheat pita bread
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat Monterey Jack or mozzarella cheese
- 2 ounces shredded cooked chicken breast
- 1/2 cup diced fresh pineapple or canned pineapple tidbits in juice, drained
- 2 tablespoons pizza or pasta sauce
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped green onion
Preheat oven to 375˚.
Split pita into 2 rounds by placing pita flat on work surface and carefully cutting around the edge. Separate the 2 rounds and place, cut side down, on a work surface.
Spread each pita round with 1 tablespoon of pizza sauce. Top each pita with half of the cheese, chicken, pineapple and onion.
Bake 8-10 minutes or until cheese is melted and edges are lightly browned.