- 1 (11-ounce) package thin-crust refrigerated pizza dough
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 (8-ounce) package sliced cremini mushrooms
- 1 (8-ounce) package sliced shiitake mushrooms
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves or 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 1/2 cups part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 2 cups fresh arugula
Preheat oven to 400°
Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Unroll dough onto parchment and pull with hands to stretch into free form rectangle, about 11-x-15 inches. Crimp around edges of dough with fingers to form a small rim, bake 5 minutes, and remove from oven.
While dough bakes, heat olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add mushrooms, salt, pepper and garlic, cook for about 10 minutes or until mushrooms darken and loose most of their liquid. Stir in thyme, remove from stovetop and set aside.
Sprinkle 3/4 cup of mozzarella evenly over precooked crust; top with mushroom mixture, spreading it evenly across rectangle. Sprinkle arugula leaves evenly over mushroom mixture and top with remaining 3/4 cup cheese. Bake 8-10 minutes or until crust is lightly browned and cheese is melted. Remove to cutting board and cut into 8 squares.