- 1 (1 1/2-pound) artisan bread loaf
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 3 garlic cloves, pressed
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 1 (8-ounce) block extra sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1 (8-ounce) block Monterrey Jack cheese with peppers
- 1 (4-ounce) jar diced pimientos, drained
- 8 cooked and crumbled bacon slices
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
Preheat oven to 425˚. Cut bread loaf to the bottom, but not all the way through crosswise and lengthwise into 1-inch cubes, using a serrated knife. Place loaf onto a lightly-greased, foil-lined sheet pan.
Stir together butter, garlic and chives. Gently pull apart bread cubes and spoon butter mixture into crevasses. Repeat over entire loaf. Cover bread loosely with foil and bake 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, using a box grater, shred cheeses and toss in a large bowl with pimientos, bacon and parsley. Remove bread from oven and let stand 1-2 minutes. Gently pull apart the bread cubes and generously stuff the cheese mixture into bread crevasses. Repeat over entire loaf.
Return bread to oven and bake uncovered 15 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly.