- 1 15-ounce can mashed pumpkin
- 1 1/2 cups lactose-free milk
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon, ground
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 8 ounces whole-grain bread, cut into cubes and left overnight (about 4 cups)
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
Combine pumpkin, milk, sugar, spices, salt and eggs in a large bowl and whisk gently until combined.
Fold in bread and cranberries, and mix so that all bread is coated on all sides. Scoop into a 2-quart casserole dish and pack down so that surface is flat.
Cover and chill for at least 1 hour to let bread soak up more flavor. Preheat oven to 350º.
Bake 50 to 55 minutes or until golden and crusty on top. Serve warm in individual dessert dishes.