- 1 cup uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1 medium tomato
- 1/2 medium green bell pepper
- 1/2 small onion,
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- Fresh ground black pepper
- 1 1/4 cups 1% low-fat milk
- 8 ounces low-fat Colby Jack cheese, shredded
Preheat oven to 350˚.
Cook macaroni according to package directions. Meanwhile, dice tomato, green bell pepper and onion.
Drain cooked macaroni and add with tomato and green bell pepper. Reserve.
In a medium saucepan, saute diced onion in butter until translucent. Stir in flour and black pepper. Add milk.
Cook until slightly thickened and bubbly. Add cheese and stir until melted. Add macaroni/vegetable mixture to cheese sauce and coat evenly.
Transfer to a 9-inch pie plate. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until bubbly. Cool for about 10 minutes before serving.