- 1 whole-wheat English muffin
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 2 mushrooms, sliced
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 4 tablespoons green or red bell peppers, chopped
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Dash of oregano seasoning or Italian seasoning
- 4 teaspoons pizza sauce
- 1/2 cup shredded low-moisture, part-skim Mozzarella cheese
Preheat oven to 350°.
Split English muffin in half and toast; set aside.
Melt butter in a small nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add mushrooms, green onions and bell pepper. Cook, stirring continuously for 2 minutes, or until vegetables are softened.
Stir egg substitute, salt, pepper and oregano into vegetable mixture. Cook, stirring continuously until egg substitute is set, about 2 minutes.
Spread 2 teaspoons of pizza sauce onto each English muffin half. Spoon a quarter of egg mixture over pizza sauce and top with a quarter of cheese.
Spoon remaining egg mixture and cheese evenly on top of muffins. Place muffins on a baking sheet and bake 5 minutes, or until cheese is melted.