- 1 French baguette (1/2- inch- thick) slices
- 1 cup shelled fresh sweet peas
- 4 ounces feta cheese divided
- 1/2 cup whole-milk cottage cheese
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint chopped
- 1 tablespoon garlic chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 6 slices cooked bacon chopped
- Olive oil for coating of bread
Preheat oven to 350°.
Place baguette slices on baking sheet, brush with olive oil and bake for 10 minutes or until lightly toasted. Remove bread from oven, let cool.
Add the peas to a medium pot of well-salted boiling water. Boil the peas for about 30 seconds. Shock the peas in an ice bath for about 1 minute, then remove from ice bath and set aside in strainer to drain.
In the bowl of a food processor, place about 3/4 of the feta cheese, cottage cheese, blanched peas and next five ingredients. Blend until smooth. To serve, spread each crostini with sweet pea mixture, approximately one heaping tablespoon per slice. Top with bacon crumbles and sprinkle of feta cheese. Place crostini on serving platter. If making ahead of time, place in air tight container and refrigerate for up to 48 hours.