- 1 package whole wheat pasta cooked
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/2 cup milk warmed
- 3 tablespoons butter melted
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese shredded, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley finely chopped
Cook the whole wheat pasta according the package directions; set aside in large serving bowl and cover with plastic wrap. While pasta is cooking, melt butter in medium size pot over medium heat. Add garlic and stir until softened. Gradually whisk in warmed milk. Remove from heat and whisk in yogurt and 3/4 cup of cheese until smooth. If the cheese doesn’t melt all the way, place pan back on low heat for 1-2 minutes, stirring constantly. Season with salt and pepper.
Remove plastic wrap from pasta and pour sauce over top, toss gently to coat. Top with remaining parmesan cheese and garnish with fresh parsley.