- 3 3/4 cups white bread, cubed
- 1 1/2 cups whole-wheat bread, cubed
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 6 large garlic, cloves, roughly chopped
- 1/2 pound low-fat turkey sausage
- 3/4 cup chopped celery
- 2 1/2 teaspoons dried sage
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 Golden Delicious apple, cored and chopped
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup minced fresh parsley
- 4 ounces Cabot 50% Reduced-Fat Cheddar (about 1 cup), cut into 1-inch chunks
- 3/4 cup turkey stock
Preheat oven to 350˚.
Spread white and whole-wheat bread cubes in single layer on large baking sheet. Bake 7 minutes or until toasted. Transfer to large bowl and set aside.
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onions and garlic cook, stirring frequently, 3 minutes or until onions are golden.
Add sausage, breaking up with spoon, and cook until evenly browned. Add celery, sage, rosemary and thyme; cook, stirring frequently, for 2 minutes.
Pour sausage mixture over bread cubes. Mix in apple, cranberries, parsley and cheese. Drizzle with turkey stock and toss together lightly. Let cool. Transfer to greased baking dish
Increase oven temperature to 375˚ and bake covered, 30 minutes. Uncover and bake an additional 20 minutes.