Red, White & Bleu Spinach Salad
This refreshing summer salad is perfect for picnics and light lunches. Spinach, apples and bleu cheese provide much-needed vitamins and minerals, and the vibrant colors will lighten any table.
- 1 (15-ounce) can of chickpeas rinsed and drained well (garbanzo beans)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (10-ounce) package fresh baby spinach, thoroughly washed
- 1 Red Delicious apple, thinly sliced
- 1 cup sliced white button mushrooms
- 3 ounces crumbled bleu cheese
- Preheat oven to 350˚.
- Toss chickpeas with 2 teaspoons oil; spread in a single layer on a baking sheet lined with parchment or sprayed with cooking spray. Bake at 350˚ for 25 to 30 minutes or until browned and toasted. Cool in pan on a wire rack 20 minutes.
- Whisk together 1/4 cup olive oil, vinegar and next three ingredients (through black pepper) until well blended. Layer spinach and remaining ingredients in a bowl; top with roasted chickpeas. Drizzle with vinaigrette and toss to coat.