Ricotta Peach Tart
Buttery puff pastry paired with creamy, lightly sweetened ricotta cheese and juicy ripe peaches is the perfect crowd-pleasing dessert for all your entertaining needs. If fresh peaches aren’t available, use another stone fruit such as plums or nectarines.
- 1 cup cow’s milk ricotta cheese
- 2 eggs divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 3-4 ripe peaches cored and sliced
- 1 sheet puff pastry thawed according to package instructions
- Preheat oven to 400°. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium mixed bowl combined ricotta, egg and next three ingredients. Set aside. Roll out puff pastry onto the prepared baking sheet. Use a paring knife to score a line around the perimeter of the pastry, about 1 inch from the edge. Spoon the cheese mixture over the dough inside the scored edges, spreading out to an even layer. Place the sliced peaches in vertical rows, overlapping just slightly until the entire tart is filled. Brush edges with egg wash.
- Bake for 25 minutes, or until crust is golden and edges are puffed up.
Ease: Easy Yield: 24 squares Recipe Source: Rebecca Egsieker, The Dairy Chef