Ricotta Zucchini Fritters
Whole-milk ricotta gives these fritters a rich, dense flavor. The touch of lemon zest brightens the flavors, especially when topped with the parsley-yogurt sauce. Perfect for spring and summer entertaining!
- 2 medium zucchinis about 3 cups
- 1 1/2 cups ricotta cheese
- 3/4 self-rising flour
- 2 large eggs beaten
- 2 tablespoons chives chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper,
- Olive Oil or vegetable oil for sautéing
Parsley Yogurt Sauce
- Yield: 1 cup
- 1 (5.3-ounce) container plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta
- 1/2 cup flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- Over a large mixing bowl, grate cleaned zucchini on the coarse side of the box grater. Firmly press down on grated zucchini with several paper towels to remove excess moisture. Add in ricotta and next seven ingredients. Mix until all ingredients are thoroughly combined. Set aside to rest while preparing yogurt sauce.
- In the bowl of a small food processor, combine the yogurt and remaining four ingredients. Puree until all ingredients are thoroughly combined. Transfer from processor bowl to a container with lid and place in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Working in batches depending on pan size, heat oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium heat. Drop the fritter batter by the heaping spoon full into pan, leaving space between for them to spread. Using the back of a spatula, gently press down on the batter to flatten the fritters. Once edges are golden, flip fritters over and continue cooking, approximately 3-4 minutes each. Remove from pan and place on paper towel lined plate. Repeat batches until all batter is used. Transfer to serving plates or platter. Serve immediately or at room temperature with yogurt sauce.
Source of recipe: Rebecca Egsieker, The Dairy Chef