Roasted Red Pepper-Feta Dip
Prep Time: 45 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 55 minutes
Combine roasted red peppers, feta and yogurt for a low-fat, spicy dip.
- 2 garlic bulbs
- 2 medium red bell peppers, roasted and peeled
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 2 cups canned cannellini beans, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 cup (8 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- Preheat oven to 400˚.
- Slice off the tops of the garlic bulbs with a sharp knife to expose the cloves. Place the garlic on a square of aluminum foil. Fold foil to seal. Wrap entirely in more foil and bake 45 minutes. Unwrap and let cool. Squeeze the soft garlic cloves from their skins.
- Cut bell peppers in half, lengthwise; discard seeds and membranes. Place peppers, skin side up, on a foil-lined baking sheet; flatten with hand. Broil 15 minutes or until blackened. Place bell pepper in a zip-top, heavy-duty plastic bag and seal; let stand 10 minutes. Peel.
- Combine roasted bell peppers, Greek yogurt, beans and ground red pepper in food processor; process until smooth. Add feta and pulse just until combined.
- Serve with pita chips, crackers or sliced vegetables.