San Francisco Grilled Chicken Sandwich
This hearty grilled chicken sandwich features chicken breasts that are marinated in salad dressing, served on spinach and avocado, and topped with cheese and salsa.
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 3 tablespoon Italian or ranch salad dressing
- 2 slices Sargento Deli Style thick-sliced Swiss Cheese or Sargento® Deli Style sliced Muenster Cheese
- 2 Kaiser rolls, split or 4 slices sourdough bread
- 8 spinach leaves
- 1/2 cup alfalfa sprouts
- 6 avocado slices
- 2 tablespoons chunky salsa
- Pound chicken breast halves to 1/4-inch thickness. Place in shallow bowl; pour dressing over chicken. Cover; marinate in refrigerator 1 hour.
- Drain chicken. Grill over medium coals 3 minutes; turn. Top each chicken breast half with cheese slice; continue to grill 2 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- On bottom half of each roll, layer half of the spinach leaves, sprouts and avocado slices.
- Top each sandwich with grilled chicken breast, half of salsa and top half of roll.
Total time includes marinating in refrigerator 1 hour. Source of recipe: Courtesy of Sargento®