Skinny Louisiana Shrimp Bread
This slimmed-down version of a Louisiana classic is sinfully delicious and so simple to make. Say hello to amazing flavor and goodbye to unnecessary calories with secret ingredients like Greek yogurt and low-fat cheese.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes sliced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Creole seasoning
- 1 cup low-fat mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese grated
- 1/2 cup plain, non-fat Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup parsley chopped
- 1 loaf French bread
- Preheat oven to 350˚.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add shrimp, tomatoes and Creole seasoning. Sauté 5-7 minutes until shrimp are pink or no longer opaque. Remove from heat. In a large bowl, combine cheeses, Greek yogurt and parsley. Add shrimp mixture to cheese mixture and stir to combine. Set aside.
- Cut loaf in half crosswise, then cut lengthwise. Cover baking sheet with a sheet of parchment paper. Place bread on baking sheet. Spoon shrimp mixture onto bread. Bake 10-15 minutes or until shrimp mixture is thoroughly heated and bread is toasted. Remove from oven and cut bread into two-inch sections. Serve warm.
Servings may be 8-10; prep time may be 10-15 minutes; cook time may be 10-15 minutes Source of recipe: Shelly Marie Redmond (http://skinnylouisiana.com/)