Southwest Corn Frittata with Crunchy Tortilla Ribbons
Add corn, cheese, cilantro, and crispy tortilla strips to a frittata and serve for a Southwestern-themed breakfast, brunch or dinner.
- 3 (6-inch) corn tortillas cut into 1/2 inch ribbons, divided
- 1 cup egg substitute
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 3/4 cup grated Cabot 50% Light Cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro , divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- Chunky tomato salsa
- Heat oven to 350°. Bake two of the cut tortillas in the oven 3-5 minutes until crisp and lightly browned. Sprinkle with salt. Set aside.
- Whisk egg substitute in medium bowl to blend. Mix in corn, cheese and 1 tablespoon cilantro. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Mix in remaining tortilla strips.
- Heat oil in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and sauté 5 minutes or until golden. Pour egg mixture into skillet and stir to blend. Cover skillet.
- Cook over low heat 8 minutes or until eggs are almost set. Uncover skillet; sprinkle with remaining cilantro, cut into wedges. Serve with tortilla ribbons and salsa.
Source of recipe: Cabot Creamery