Strawberry Frozen Yogurt Bars
The perfect no-cook summer treat, filled with protein and ripe, sweet strawberries.
Servings: 16 bars
- 1/4 cup raw almonds
- 8 whole graham crackers
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 16 ounces plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1 1/2 cups fresh strawberries, chopped
- Line an 8-x-8-inch baking pan with parchment paper so it comes up a couple inches above the rim. This will make it easy to remove from the pan.
- Place almonds and graham crackers in food processor and pulse until finely ground. In microwave-safe bowl, combine butter and peanut. Melt in microwave for approximately 30 seconds. Stir to combine. Add in crumb mixture, stirring until well combined. Pour mixture into lined pan, patting down evenly and firmly to create the crust. Place in freezer to set for about 30 minutes.
- While the crust is setting, prepare the filling. Clean strawberries, removing stems. Cut into bite-size pieces. In a medium mixing bowl combine yogurt and sweetened condensed milk, stir until well combined. Gently fold in strawberries. Remove crust from freezer and pour yogurt mixture on top, spreading evenly to cover crust. Cover with plastic wrap and place in freezer for eight hours.
- Before cutting and serving let it sit at room temperature for approximately 10-15 minutes. Cut into 16 squares with a sharp knife.
Source of recipe: Rebecca Egsieker, The Dairy Chef