Easy Sweet Potato Casserole
This lactose-free version of an easy sweet potato casserole gets its creaminess from the mashed sweet potatoes and lactose-free milk and its crunch from brown sugar-toasted pecans. If you're looking for a quick, delicious sweet potato casserole with pecans, give it a try.
- 4 to 5 large sweet potatoes
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 2 large eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup lactose-free milk
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 1/2 tablespoons canola oil
- Coat a 2-quart casserole dish with cooking spray. Preheat oven to 350°. Bake potatoes for 50 minutes or until tender. Remove potatoes from oven, let cool slightly and peel.
- In a large bowl, mash potatoes and stir in syrup, eggs, vanilla, spices and milk. Pour mixture into prepared dish.
- Combine pecans, brown sugar, flour and oil in small bowl; sprinkle topping over potatoes.
- Bake uncovered for 30-40 minutes or until topping is golden brown.
Source of recipe: Serena Ball