Three-Cheese Tomato-Basil Pizza
This easy veggie pizza is packed with protein from ricotta, mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses.
- 1 (10-ounce) pre-baked whole-wheat pizza crust
- 1/4 cup pesto (pre-made)
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 plum tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup torn fresh basil leaves
- Preheat oven to 450˚. Place pizza crust on a baking sheet. Spread pesto evenly over crust. Stir together ricotta cheese, mozzarella cheese, milk and garlic; spread over crust. Top with tomatoes, and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake 14 minutes or until cheese melts. Remove from oven, and top with fresh basil. Cut into 6 wedges.
Source of recipe: Jessica Cox, RD