Auburn Tiger Stripe Brownies
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 5 minutes
Dip a chef knife in hot water and dry with a towel before each cut for sharp brownie edges. Wipe the knife clean and repeat.
Source of recipe: Rebecca Gordon, Buttermilk Lipstick
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon table salt
- 1 (10-ounce) package bittersweet chocolate morsels
- 1 cup butter, cut into pieces
- 1/3 cup whole milk
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 5 teaspoons whole milk
- 1/8 teaspoon orange food coloring paste
- Preheat oven to 350˚. Line bottom and sides of a 13-x 9-inch baking pan with foil, allowing 2-inches to extend over the sides; lightly grease foil.
- Line bottom and sides of a 13-x 9-inch baking pan with foil, allowing 2-inches to extend over the sides; lightly grease foil.
- Whisk together the first four ingredients in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Microwave chocolate and butter in a large glass microwave-safe bowl at HIGH 1 1/2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds until smooth. Whisk in milk.
- Stir in eggs and sugar until blended; stir in flour mixture. Pour mixture into prepared pan.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until a wooden pick holds a few moist crumbs.
- Cool completely on a wire rack, about 1 hour. Lift brownies from pan, using foil sides as handles. Remove foil, and cut brownies into rectangles; place on a foil-lined half sheet pan.
- Drizzle Milk Glaze over brownies to resemble tiger stripes.
- Beat powdered sugar and milk with an electric mixer until smooth. Tint with food coloring paste.