Top 5 Recipes to Satisfy Your Picky Eater
Do you have a picky eater in your house? Don’t fret; you’re not alone. Parents will try almost anything to get their kids to eat healthily, but those tricky tactics don’t always work. Studies show that getting your kids involved with grocery shopping and cooking will not only peak their interest in different foods but also help teach responsibility and improve their focus. Also, try sitting down to eat with your family. Research shows that children are 24% more likely to eat healthier foods with regular family meals. Additionally, spending mealtime with family will create stronger relationships between parents and children. Check out our top five kid-friendly recipes that will help your children eat healthier and try something new:
- Peanut Butter Whip with Apples: This easy recipe is perfect for an after-school snack. With only four ingredients, kids can whip this snack up themselves. The best part, once mixed with yogurt, peanut butter isn’t sticky!
- Strawberry Frozen Yogurt Bars: Try this healthy recipe with your children on the weekends to prepare for the week ahead. These frozen yogurt bars can be the perfect breakfast for those busy school mornings. Try different fruits with this recipe to help your children broaden their tastes.
- Cheesy Chicken Crunchers: A fun take on chicken tenders will have your kids ready to dig in. By using a cornflake and cheese coating, kids will get extra protein with this meal. Let your kids help by having them roll the chicken in the cereal mixture.
- Cheeseburger Macaroni Casserole: Try this fun spin on cheeseburgers. Cheeseburger macaroni combines two of kids’ favorite meals. This meal can be modified to fit your picky eater’s preferences while still being delicious. It’s easy to do half of the pan with all the extras for adults and half plain for the children.
- Berry-Brownie Trifle: Let your kids splurge with this dessert while still getting a serving of dairy and fruit. These berry-brownie trifles are just sweet enough to delight your little one while still being a healthy choice to please you.
This October join The Dairy Alliance in their Eat Together, Eat Better with Real Dairy Campaign. Learn more about the benefits of eating together, how to plan and prep for nutritious family meals, and find quick and easy recipes by following us on social media: