- Preheat oven to 400˚. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper; set aside.
- In a large bowl combine flour and next four ingredients until well mixed. Cut butter into small cubes then quickly work it into the mixture (using your fingers or a pastry cutter) until it resembles a coarse meal. Add buttermilk, cheese, ham, scallions and parsley. Gently mix together with a fork until everything is just moistened. Don’t over mix.
- Turn dough out onto a clean, floured work surface and shape into an 8-inch circle, about 1-inch thick. Cut dough into 8 wedges and carefully transfer to prepared sheet.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until tops are lightly golden brown. Brush with a little melted butter and serve with pepper jelly or preserves if desired.
- Note: For smaller portions, you can cut into 3-inch circles using a biscuit cutter, but cooking time needs to be reduced to 16-20 minutes.
Cook time can range from 20-25 minutes
Source of recipe: Rebecca Egsieker, The Dairy Chef