Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
Add extra flavor and nutrients to your breakfast pancakes by stirring canned pumpkin into the batter.
Source of recipe: Elizabeth Ward on behalf of 3-A-Day of Dairy
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup low-fat milk
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin
- 2 1/2 cups low fat vanilla yogurt, divided
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder and cinnamon in a large mixing bowl.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine milk, butter, egg, pumpkin, and 1/2 cup yogurt, mixing well.
- Add wet ingredients to flour mixture and stir until just moist. Do not overmix. Batter may be lumpy. For thinner batter, add milk.
- Lightly coat a griddle or skillet with cooking spray and heat on medium. Using a quarter-cup measure, pour batter onto hot griddle. Cook until bubbles appear on the edges of the pancakes. Remove from pan, set aside and keep warm. Repeat with remaining batter.
- Serve warm topped with remaining yogurt. Top with maple syrup if desired.