Have you ever wondered how milk is produced, how farmers care for their cows, or how long it takes for milk to get from farm to table?
The Dairy Alliance invites you to a LIVE Virtual Dairy Farm Tour!
What is a Virtual Farm Tour?
Our LIVE Virtual Farm Tours connect you directly with a working dairy farm for a real-time video tour and chat with a farmer, all from the convenience of your own classroom! Using video chat technology, you’ll get a peek at barns, cows, milking parlors and more to learn firsthand how dairy farmers care for their cows and the land and produce delicious milk and dairy products for you to enjoy. You’ll also have the opportunity to submit questions to be answered live by the farmer and dairy experts during your tour.
If you are not able to participate in a live tour, you can request a recording of a tour to be sent to you to view on your own time while completing the registration form.
Spring 2020-2021 Virtual Farm Tour
DATE/TIME – Virtual Farm Tour to Harvest Home Dairy in Crestwood, Kentucky for 4th-8th grade classrooms. More information coming soon.
More Virtual Farm Tours to come!
Additional Virtual Farm Tours will be scheduled for the 2020-2021 school year. To be notified when future tours are available, please complete the registration form below and select to be notified where indicated.
Registering for a Virtual Farm Tour is as easy as 1-2-3!
- Complete the form on this page to select your tour date, to receive a recording and/or to be notified of future tours
- We’ll contact you to confirm your registration and provide further details to test your connection and prepare for your tour.
- Click the link you’ll receive to join on the date of the trip and enjoy!
Virtual Farm Tour Guidelines
- You will be connecting to your Virtual Farm Tour using Zoom video conferencing technology. You do not need a Zoom account to participate but will be prompted to download the Zoom plugin. To ensure your technology will work for the tour, we will provide pre-tour test links and tutorials, as well as opportunities to contact us if you encounter difficulties testing your technology ahead of your tour.
- If you will have multiple people/classrooms watching a tour, we highly recommend you have a way to present the tour on a large screen and have external speakers connected to your computer so all can see and hear the tour.
- Due to the high volume of participants, you will not be connecting your webcam or microphone during the tour. However, a Q&A Box will be provided for you to submit questions to be answered live during your tour. You can submit questions at any time during your tour.
- A pre- and post-event evaluation form will accompany your tour, which will be provided to you via email. We do this to ensure we are providing our participants with the highest quality experience. Your responses and feedback are greatly appreciated!
- If you find you are not able to participate in a scheduled tour, you may request to receive a recording of a trip during registration. All registrants for a tour, regardless of participation, will receive the recording of that tour once it is completed and available to view.