Festively Lactose-Free Hot Chocolate
This lactose-free spin on hot chocolate is blended with warm fudge sauce for a chocolaty treat.
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons cocoa
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 5 ounces lactose-free evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 1/4 cups lactose-free milk
- Pinch of sea salt
- 3/4 cup fudge sauce (see directions)
- Mini marshmallows (optional)
- Fudge Sauce
- Place sugar and cocoa in a heavy sauce pan over high heat to warm. Add butter and stir until it melted. Add lactose-free evaporated milk and stir until mixture boils. Cook 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat and add vanilla and sea salt.
- Hot Chocolate
- Heat lactose-free milk in small sauce pan and stir in fudge sauce. Cook until mixture is thoroughly heated (do not boil). Pour into individual mugs and top with mini marshmallows, if desired.
Source of recipe: Diane Boyd, M.B.A., R.D., L.D.N.