What is the Taste of the Fair?
With the cancellation of state fairs across the Southeast this year, we invite you to join The Dairy Alliance for our Taste of the Fair recipe competition to bring the state fair feeling to your home this fall. Grab the family and head to the kitchen to whip up your favorite dairy-centric recipe that reminds you of the state fair, using milk, cheese, yogurt and more!
Submit your recipe for a chance to win not a ribbon, but instead a grand prize and the chance to be featured in “The Dairy Alliance Taste of the Fair” recipe booklet, which will be the featured item at the 2021 state fair.
To enter the contest, please fill out the submission form to the right or email [email protected] with your name, email address, phone number, state you reside in, recipe, and recipe photo.
Rules to Enter
- An entered recipe must include at least 8 oz of fluid milk and one other dairy product as ingredients.
- Submissions must include an ingredient list, an instruction list, and a photo or video of the finished product to be considered.
- Participants must live in one of the following states: Alabama, Georgia, Kentucky, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, or Virginia.
- Contest runs September 14 – October 16, 2020.
- Judging is based on the creativity and innovation of dairy products used in a fair-flavored recipe.
You can upload pictures of your ingredients.
You can upload pictures of you hard at work on your recipe. Even a video of the process can be submitted!
But you MUST upload a picture or video of the results.
- One grand prize winner will be awarded a Cuisinart ice cream maker, various ice cream accessories, an ice cream recipe book, a grocery store gift card, a Get More with Milk chef’s apron, and other The Dairy Alliance branded items for your kitchen.
- Two recipes per each qualifying state will be featured in “The Dairy Alliance Taste of the Fair” recipe booklet in 2021, with those selected winners receiving a The Dairy Alliance branded gift bag.
The winners will be announced on October 23, 2020.
Follow Along on Social
During state fair season, follow along with us on social media as we share ways to enjoy the state fair at home this year through food, exhibits, and more. Join in and show us how you celebrate the Taste of the Fair!
For Taste of the Fair, pick a fair-favorite flavor and put your own dairy-filled twist on it. Not sure where to begin? Below are some delicious ideas to get you started, or browse our Pinterest board.
- Glazed Peach Handpies with Ice Cream
- S’mores Crepes
- Soft Pretzel Bites with Dipping Sauces
- Cotton Candy Milkshake
- Whipped Funnel Cake Latte
- Frozen Lemonade Smoothie
- Yogurt-Dipped Churros
- Buttered Popcorn Ice Cream
- Cheesy Corndogs
- Loaded Taco Fries